At Ridejoy, we want to make your rideshare experience so awesome that you'll tell all your friends about it. (Please do!) But we also understand that getting into a car with someone can be a little intimidating.
We're here to help.
Below we have a handy checklist which can help you stay safe. Remember, when deciding who to ride with, trust your own judgement. You always get to decide who you ride with. It's OK to say no. Never ride with anyone you don't feel comfortable with. And as always, you can report abuse by contacting us.
Report Suspicious Activity
We're fortunate to have a very friendly and open community at Ridejoy. But even the best roads have a few potholes, so when something comes up, our users let us know and we do our best to take care of it.
Please report suspicious activity and we'll do our best to help you out.
- Trust and respect: Safe communities are built on mutual trust and respect. Demonstrate, and expect, both at all times.
- Real identities: Signing up with Facebook reassures others that you're a real, living person with friends and such.
- Detailed profiles and rides: See the age range, work and education history, friend count and mutual friends with our community.
- Reputation: Our reviews and references system allows you to make informed decisions about who you’d like to share a ride with. This helps make the entire community safer. You can request references from your friends here.
- Reporting: Community feedback helps us find problematic users and let us know where we can help.
- Oversight: Ridejoy monitors for suspicious activity within the system and removes bad apples when necessary.